Depressed? A problem that's dragging you down? We can help.
Available at the Winchester Centre
- Are you holding lots of emotional difficulties deep inside you?
- Do you sometimes feel at the end of your tether?
- Do you feel that nobody at home really listens to how you feel?
- Have you become really angry lately because of problems at home or school?
- Are you worried about a breakdown in your parents’ relationship or unhappy with step-parents or your step-family?
- Are you upset that you can’t see your mother or father as often as you would like?
- Do you get upset because your parents shout at each other?
- Are your parents always nagging and driving you nuts?
- Do you think your school or college work is suffering because you can’t concentrate properly?
- Are you finding it hard to maintain your friendships?
Relate can help
A Relate Young Persons’ Counsellor can provide an initial meeting to assess the problems. You can call to make an appointment or your parents or an adult you trust can phone for you.
The counsellor won’t tell you what to do or judge you in any way – they will help you to unravel problems and difficulties.
Relateen (young people's counselling) is for any young person who is having problems. With more and more young people coming to Relate with issues as far apart as depression and mental health problems to difficulties with their parents or people at school, coming to see a Relate counsellor helps because they are independent from school and home life.
You can expect to be helped by a supportive and non-judgmental counsellor. You can be referred by a teacher, social worker, doctor or you can ask to see a counsellor yourself. What you say is confidential, unless the counsellor is worried for your safety.
Many of our young clients tell us that they feel happier after they see a Relate counsellor and are better able to deal with their problems. In some cases, the Relate counsellor helped them to concentrate better on their school-work, or get on better with their friends, family and peers.
Just call us on 01962 861336 or 023 8022 9761 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment or to find out more.